Teens who vape are at risk!

Dana Susko, Staff Writer

These days teens and young adults are getting into the new vaping addiction which can cause major health issues. 

As of September 2019, 380 cases of lung disease have been reported, from 36 U.S states and one U.S territory.  As we know, vaping puts Nicotine into the body. Nicotine is highly addictive and can cause slow brain development and memory, concentration, learning, self-control, attention, and mood. If you vape you could actually have a large chance of death ahead!

The vapor in the vapes is NOT made of water, the vapor contains harmful chemicals and toxins plus very fine particles that you inhale into your lungs. Young teen Chance Ammirata vaped for the first time in a high school culinary class, it was Junior year and his friend offered him Juul. When he inhaled he coughed profusely and then two more hits later he was hooked. 

“From that point on, every single day that I tried going without it felt like too much for me, and eventually I ended up having one and I kind of got trapped in the same thing that my friends did,” he said. 

Now, amidst a nationwide outbreak of mysterious lung illnesses associated with vaping, leading to at least six deaths, Ammirata and other young people who have been hospitalized with injuries they believe were caused by the use of e-cigarettes are using social media to warn their peers about the dangers of vaping and inspiring them to quit. 

Now that vaping is popular, the vaping company Juul has taken away all of their flavored pods to prevent teens wanting to vape. That’s not enough since they are going to other vaping products for their flavored pods and each day it’s getting worse!