Looking for something to do this summer? Grosse Pointe sports have got you covered!

Olivia Thomas, Staff Writer

Are you looking for something to do during the summer, but don’t have the slightest idea of what is going on in the community?  Then take a look at some of Grosse Pointe’s clubs, such as Eastside Football Club and the Neighborhood Club summer camps!

Eastside F.C is a soccer club located in Grosse Pointe Woods that offers workshops and teams for varying levels of skill. The club is having tryouts June 15-16th!  Make sure to check out their website for more information and registration forms, which you can reach here: https://www.eastfc.org/Default.aspx?tabid=304908

The Neighborhood Club is a non-profit community service organization that offers a week-long summer camp for ages 5-12 where participants can go swimming, play volleyball and dodgeball, go to the park, etc.  If you’re still young enough, this is a great way to make friends and spend your free time. You’ll even watch movies with your friends on a big screen in the Neighborhood Club building. Older students can check out the Neighborhood Club classes going on during the day. Classes range from yoga to intense workouts, which is helpful if you want to achieve some fitness goals over the summer!

If you’re looking to start up swimming, you’re not too late!  The Gators Swim Club registration is still open up until 6/14/19!  Make sure to sign up soon so you’re not sitting on your couch all summer long!