The Pierce Talent Show- 2019

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Pierce Talent Show- 2019

Jack Lynch, Staff Writer

Did you know that the Pierce Talent Show has been a tradition since the mid-1980s? Pierce’s annual Talent Show consists of many different acts such as singing, dancing, comedy, and other unique talents students may have.

The show always has a specific theme that’s different and unique each year.  In past years, the theme has been “Pierce’s Olympics”, and “Pierce’s Got Talent”. But this year, the theme is “Pierce, the Happiest Place on Earth”, or Disney. Many songs students may hear performed this year will come from Disney shows and musicals.  However, performers are not required to sing a piece from a Disney film. An especially exciting thing about this year’s Talent Show is a new interactive element, including audience participation throughout the show.

Sixteen performers will participate this year in the talent show.  Including presentations from the Pierce Choir and a dance performance by some staff members. This year’s talent show includes many singers: Josie Detweiler and Charlotte Van Arragon, Sophia Martell, Allie Lindsay, Henry Fish, Jolina Hutchingson, Jet Miller, Liam Raether, Katie Schneider, and Rachel Rihani.  Cooper Evans, Nolan Eszes, and Sebastian Moncivais will also be performing for the school as the Boys of Summer, a band. Students will also be able to watch dance routines from Onction Zape, Harvest Savage and Rosie Sabitis as a duo, and Bella Combs, Mille Bellamy, and Jordan Wharton as a trio. Julia Roeder will also be performing on the violin for the school.

The Talent Show is always on the last day of school, which this year is Friday, June 14, a half day. After entering through the Auditorium doors, students may sit wherever they want as long as it is in their grade level area. The day will start off with student awards for sports and academics. Then the Talent Show, Year in Review video, Baby Pictures segment, Eighth-grade wave goodbye, and finally the teacher send off will commence. After all that, students are free from school for the summer!