Villanova will win the NCAA tournament

Anthony Benard, Staff Writer

Nothing is more surprising than a team that takes care of business. That’s what makes Villanova so scary. In the games they’ve played so far in the NCAA Tournament, there have only been a few minutes in which they haven’t looked like they were going to go to a national championship. One of their closer games came early in the second half in their Sweet 16 game against West Virginia. The Mountaineers are talented and experienced, and their full-court press actually seemed to rattle Villanova. With around 10 minutes remaining, West Virginia had a run to take a five-point lead.But the Wildcats responded with a 10 point run from freshman Spellman.Villanova won 90-78 and the Wildcats played for a spot in the Final Four.

Villanova, Kansas, Michigan and Loyola-Chicago will play for the right to call themselves national champions, starting with Saturday’s Final Four games. Where Villanova will play Kansas for a chance to go to a National Championship Game to play the winner of Michigan vs Loyola Chi. Villanova is favored to win the whole thing and has looked like one of the best teams in college basketball this season. In conclusion I think that Villanova is going to win the NCAA tournament.

*Villanova did indeed win the NCAA tournament by beating the University of Michigan after this went to press.