Oprah For President?

Mia Pellerito, Staff Writer

This year’s Golden Globes caused a lot of buzz. There was the actresses and actors wearing black to support the  #MeToo movement, Emma Watson, Meryl Streep, Laura Dern, and more brought activists as their dates, and  Seth meyers opening Speech set the perfect mood. Not to mention how Sterling K. Brown and Aziz Ansari made history  by being the first actors of their race to win the  “Best TV Lead Actor” and  the award for “Best Comedy Actor”.  

However, out of all the things that happened, Oprah’s speech made the biggest buzz. On this historic night, Oprah Winfrey accepted the “Lifetime Achievement Award” and gave a legendary speech.

“I want all the girls watching here and now to know that a new day is on the horizon,” she said to thunderous applause.

She gave her speech to an eager crowd, speaking against many important issues, like racism and sexisim. She had the whole audience on their feet. She sounded strong, hopeful, and – Presidential! Oprah herself has not made any comment, but two anonymous sources have said people have been urging her to run for months. Brad Anderson, the Iowa state director for President Barack Obama’s reelection, Tweeded, “Call me Oprah. I’ve got some Iowa county chairs who would love to hear from you.” Many people hope for Oprah’s  presidential run. The past election has proved that you don’t have to be an experienced politician to run for president, so maybe we will start seeing Oprah 2020 signs on everyone’s front lawn.